About the e-Book
Learning Linux Shell Scripting 2nd Edition pdf
Break through the practice of writing tedious code with shell scripts
- Learn to impeccably build shell scripts and develop advanced applications
- Create smart solutions by writing and debugging scripts
- A step-by-step tutorial to automate routine tasks by developing scripts
Linux is the most powerful and universally adopted OS. Shell is a program that gives the user direct interaction with the operating system. Scripts are collections of commands that are stored in a file. The shell reads this file and acts on commands as if they were typed on the keyboard.
Learning Linux Shell Scripting covers Bash, GNU Bourne Again Shell, preparing you to work in the exciting world of Linux shell scripting. CentOS is a popular rpm-based stable and secured Linux distribution. Therefore, we have used CentOS distribution instead of Ubuntu distribution. Linux Shell Scripting is independent of Linux distributions, but we have covered both types of distros. We start with an introduction to the Shell environment and basic commands used. Next, we explore process management in Linux OS, real-world essentials such as debugging and perform Shell arithmetic fluently. You'll then take a step ahead and learn new and advanced topics in Shell scripting, such as decision making, starting up a system, and customizing a Linux environment. You will also learn about grep, stream editor, and AWK, which are very powerful text filters and editors. Finally, you'll get to grips with taking backup, using other language scripts in Shell Scripts as well as automating database administration tasks for MySQL and Oracle.
By the end of this book, you will be able to confidently use your own shell scripts in the real world.
What you will learn
- Familiarize yourself with the various text filtering tools available in Linux
- Understand expressions and variables and how to use them practically
- Automate decision-making and save a lot of time and effort of revisiting code
- Get to grips with advanced functionality such as using traps, dialogs to develop screens & Database administration such as MySQL or Oracle
- Start up a system and customize a Linux system
- Taking backup of local or remote data or important files.
- Use existing other language scripts such as Python, Perl & Ruby in Shell Scripts
Who this book is for
Learning Linux Shell Scripting is ideal for those who are proficient at working with Linux and want to learn about shell scripting to improve their efficiency and practical skills.
Table of Contents
- Getting Started and Working with Shell Scripting
- Drilling Deep into Process Management, Job control, and Automation
- Using Text processing & filters in your scripts
- Working with Commands
- Exploring Expressions and Variables
- Neat Tricks with Shell Scripting
- Performing Arithmetic Operations in Shell Scripts
- Automating Decision Making in Scripts
- Automating Repetitive Tasks
- Working with Functions
- Using Advanced Functionality in Scripts
- System Start-up and Customizing a Linux System
- Understanding Pattern Matching and Regular Expressions with sed & awk
- Embedding other languages in Scripts
- Database administration using Shell Scripts
Preview Learning Linux Shell Scripting Pdf
Download Learning Linux Shell Scripting 2nd Edition Pdf
This site comply with DMCA digital copyright. We do not store files not owned by us, or without the permission of the owner. We also do not have links that lead to sites DMCA copyright infringement.
If You feel that this book is belong to you and you want to unpublish it, Please Contact us .
Multiple Time Series Modeling Using the SAS VARMAX Procedure