About the e-Book
Mastering Ubuntu Server 2nd Edition pdf
Get up-to-date with the finer points of Ubuntu Server using this comprehensive guide
- A practical easy-to-understand book that will teach you how to deploy, maintain and troubleshoot Ubuntu Server
- Get well-versed with newly-added features in Ubuntu 18.04.
- Learn to manage cutting-edge technologies such as virtualization, containers, Nextcloud and more
Ubuntu Server has taken the data centers by storm. Whether you're deploying Ubuntu for a large-scale project or for a small office, it is a stable, customizable, and powerful Linux distribution that leads the way with innovative and cutting-edge features. For both simple and complex server deployments, Ubuntu's flexible nature can be easily adapted to meet to the needs of your organization. With this book as your guide, you will learn all about Ubuntu Server, from initial deployment to creating production-ready resources for your network. The book begins with the concept of user management, group management, and filesystem permissions. Continuing into managing storage volumes, you will learn how to format storage devices, utilize logical volume management, and monitor disk usage. Later, you will learn how to virtualize hosts and applications, which will cover setting up KVM/QEMU, as well as containerization with both Docker and LXD. As the book continues, you will learn how to automate configuration with Ansible, as well as take a look at writing scripts. Lastly, you will explore best practices and troubleshooting techniques when working with Ubuntu Server that are applicable to real-world scenarios.
By the end of the book, you will be an expert Ubuntu Server administrator who is well-versed in its advanced concepts.
What you will learn
- Manage users, groups, and permissions
- Encrypt and decrypt disks with Linux Unified Key Setup (LUKS)
- Set up SSH for remote access, and connect it to other nodes
- Add, remove, and search for packages
- Use NFS and Samba to share directories with other users
- Get to know techniques for managing Apache and MariaDB
- Explore best practices and troubleshooting techniques
- Get familiar with scripting
- Automate server deployments with Ansible
Who This Book Is For
This book is intended for readers with intermediate or advanced-beginner skills with Linux, who would like to learn all about setting up servers with Ubuntu Server. This book assumes that the reader knows the basics of Linux, such as editing configuration files and running basic commands.
Table of Contents
- Deploying Ubuntu Server
- Managing users
- Managing Storage Volumes
- Connecting to Networks
- Managing Software Packages
- Controlling and monitoring processes
- Setting Up Network Services
- Sharing and Transferring Files
- Managing Databases
- Serving Web Content
- Learning Advanced Shell Techniques
- Running Containers
- Automating Server Configuration with Ansible
- Securing your Server
- Troubleshooting Ubuntu Servers
- Preventing and recovering from disasters
Preview Mastering Ubuntu Server Pdf
Download Mastering Ubuntu Server 2nd Edition Pdf
This site comply with DMCA digital copyright. We do not store files not owned by us, or without the permission of the owner. We also do not have links that lead to sites DMCA copyright infringement.
If You feel that this book is belong to you and you want to unpublish it, Please Contact us .
Artificial Intelligence Applications and Innovations
Multiple Time Series Modeling Using the SAS VARMAX Procedure