About the e-Book
Direct Practice Skills for Evidence-Based Social Work pdf
Featuring an evidence- and strengths-based approach to practice methods, this new text teaches students how to apply social work skills in a variety of settings. Designed to enhance self-awareness, professionalism, ethical reasoning, cultural sensitivity, and an appreciation for social justice issues, this text introduces readers to social work’s core values and practice methods to help them assimilate the skills needed for working in the field. Cases and skills-based exercises demonstrate how to make accurate assessments and design effective intervention plans. After laying the groundwork in theory, values, and ethics, the authors review methods for working with individuals, children, and families from an individual and environmental strengths-based perspective. Client engagement, assessment, intervention, evaluation and termination, and documentation are then reviewed. Readers are introduced to the foundational concepts of social work practice and through application learn to successfully work with clients.
- Integrates the Council on Social Work Education’s EPAS standards and core competencies throughout, including engagement, assessment, intervention, evaluation, social justice, ethics, critical thinking, professional conduct and decision making, and cultural competency and diversity.
- Case scenarios in client interview format that closely resemble actual interactions, followed by questions, test readers’ understanding of the practice skills needed to work in the field.
- Skill-building exercises including individual and group activities, role plays, simulations, and discussion questions that provide an opportunity to apply one’s knowledge and skill sets.
- Personal reflections that encourage students to examine their own beliefs to help them assimilate social work ethics and values into their professional demeanor.
- Icons throughout the text that draw attention to useful tips for developing direct practice skills.
- A strengths-based approach that heightens understanding and results in a higher level of proficiency in the change process.
- Introduces challenging situations often encountered in practice to help readers acquire the more advanced practice skills necessary for assessment and intervention.
- Resources including PowerPoints, test questions, sample syllabi, and suggested answers to text exercises and discussion questions.
Preview Direct Practice Skills for Evidence-Based Social Work Pdf
Download Direct Practice Skills for Evidence-Based Social Work 1st Edition Pdf
This site comply with DMCA digital copyright. We do not store files not owned by us, or without the permission of the owner. We also do not have links that lead to sites DMCA copyright infringement.
If You feel that this book is belong to you and you want to unpublish it, Please Contact us .
Intraocular Tumors: An Atlas and Textbook
Pocket Atlas of Spine Surgery